Instrumental Program Details
What is included:
- Band Membership: Participation in band for the entire school year.
- Group Lessons: Group lessons are offered once a week during the school day. Group lessons start in September at time agreed upon between the teacher and building principal. In the event of a health emergency that forces schools to close, group lessons will be moved to a virtual format.
- Band Rehearsals: Weekly band rehearsals will be offered to returning students starting in September. Beginners will start by mid-October. Band rehearsals will only be held in spaces that meet CDC and Diocese health guidelines.
- Performances: Bands will perform a minimum of 2 concerts during the year. Additional performances may be scheduled by your band director and will be communicated well in advance. Attendance is mandatory at all concerts, competitions, and any performance by the band.
- SmartMusic: All students will receive a 1-Year subscription to SmartMusic, a cloud-based tool that will help your child’s at-home practice.
- Music: Students will be issued company-owned sheet music for performances.
What is NOT included:
- Instrument and required instructional book: At the end of this process, you will have the option of renting a teacher-approved instrument and instructional book from our parent company, Menchey Music Service.
- Music Stand and other accessories: A student music stand is needed for home practice and can be obtained from our parent company, Menchey Music Service if you don’t already have one. In addition, Menchey Music Service can provide you with any other necessary accessories your teacher recommends.
- Practice: Students must practice. Students will not improve if they do not practice. Lack of practicing does not just hurt the student, it negatively affects the entire band.
- Attendance: Attendance is mandatory at all concerts, competitions, and other performances by the band.
- Preparation: Students must bring all materials (instrument, music, pencil) to school on band lesson/rehearsal days.
- Encouragement: Parents must take an active role in encouraging your child to practice. They need parental help to learn how to make a commitment.
- Commitment: Participation in the band is expected to be a year-long commitment.
Online and In-School Terms & Conditions
- Tuition installments are due on the first of each month. Late payments received after the 6th of the month due are subject to a $5.00 late fee. There is a $30 fee for all returned checks. Accounts more than 90 days past due are subject to suspension until all debts are satisfied.
- Participation in the band is expected to be a year-long commitment. You can cancel at any time. Discontinuation of your child’s participation must be communicated directly with our corporate offices. We do not provide refunds or credits for any partial-month cancellations – students may attend lessons until the end of the month that cancellation occurs.
- All tuition payments must be received for students to participate in the spring concert.
- I understand that photos of concerts and/or classes could be used on the Northeastern Music Programs website or school websites.
- I acknowledge that by providing my email address during this registration, I may receive email communications from Northeastern Music Programs.
- By providing a credit card number to Northeastern Music Programs during this registration, I consent to having this credit card charged for current and/or past due balances.
- I acknowledge that I am fully aware and personally responsible for my own safety as well as the safety of my child(ren) while participating in the program. With full knowledge of the risks involved, I hereby release, waive, and discharge Northeastern Music Programs and all affiliated personnel, its employees, officers, and any affiliated staff from any and all liabilities, claims, demands, or any actions whatsoever related to any loss, damage, injury, or death sustained by me and/or my child(ren), or any other family member, related to COVID-19 while participating in the music program provided by Northeastern Music Programs.
- I understand that classes may take place online using Zoom and/or other digital platforms. I hereby release, waive, and discharge Northeastern Music Programs and all affiliated personnel, its employees, officers, and any affiliated staff from any and all liabilities, claims, demands, or any actions whatsoever related to any loss, damage, or injury sustained by me and/or my child(ren), or any other family member, related to any unintentional content displayed on any of these platforms that may arise due to compromised security or the hacking of that platform. I understand that virtual classes may be comprised of children from more than one school to accommodate scheduling and/or educational needs.
- Northeastern Music Programs acknowledges that all personnel will strictly adhere to all safety guidelines, rules, and regulations as provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention when in-school instruction takes place.
- By registering my child(ren), I agree to all the terms and conditions listed above.