Our Complete Instrumental Music Program
Northeastern Music Programs, in conjunction with our parent company Menchey Music Service, offers a simple and complete one stop solution for your child’s instrumental music education in participating schools. We can provide your students with the instruction, the performance opportunities, a quality instrument, and hassle-free weekly delivery service to your child’s school for any instrument repair or product needs.
What is Included?
Participation in our Instrumental Music Program includes the following:
Your child will participate in small group lessons once a week during the school day. Advanced students will begin at the beginning of the school year, and beginners’ lessons will begin once they receive an instrument.
In addition to small group lessons, your child will also participate in weekly band/orchestra rehearsals. Rehearsals for advanced players start at the beginning of the school year, while beginners typically begin rehearsals with 4-6 weeks of their first lessons.
Students in the Northeastern Music Program will have a minimum of 2 school concerts per school year. There are also numerous additional opportunities to perform, including community events, field trips, festivals, and honor band groups. Advanced students may also qualify to participate in the Northeastern Honor Band and the National Catholic Band Association festival.
Subscription to SmartMusic
All students enrolled in Northeastern Music Programs will receive a subscription to SmartMusic for the entire school year. SmartMusic is a web-based music education platform that connects teachers and students. To learn more about SmartMusic and its benefits, please visit the SmartMusic page.
Students participating in the program must enroll prior to their first lesson. Tuition for the school year may be paid in 9 monthly installments (September through May billed on the first of the month), or for the entire school year (if school year option is paid by September 30, participants qualify for a 10% tuition discount). Discounts are available for families that enroll more than one student in the program.
Parents may enroll their students using the following methods:
- Online enrollment: The most common way to enroll your student is to complete the online enrollment process. Credit or debit card required.
- Contact us by phone: Parents may enroll over the phone by contacting us at (717) 698-1857. Credit or debit card required.
A Musical Instrument
Participating students are required to obtain a quality musical instrument prior to their participation in the program. Instruments of sub par quality unnecessarily consumes teaching time (we would prefer that our teachers spend their time teaching, not fixing sub standard instruments!), negatively impacts the overall sound quality of the band, and ultimately discourage students from playing altogether. Parents are encouraged to rent or purchase a musical instrument from a reputable dealer.
Northeastern Music is able to offer parents a very convenient option for obtaining a musical instrument: our parent company, Menchey Music Service, provides a high-quality musical instrument rental program. Benefits of this turnkey program include:
- High-quality teacher approved instruments
- A flexible rental plan with competitive rates including a multi month trial period
- Instrument delivery (with all the required books and accessories) to your child’s school BEFORE their first lesson
- Regular weekly service rep visit (pick up and drop off to the school) so parents will never need to visit a store location
- One point of contact for both their program tuition and instrument
Parents may rent an instrument using one of the following methods:
- Online: The most common way to rent an instrument is to order an instrument when enrolling for lessons. If you forget to do that when signing up for lessons, please use our online rental program. Credit or debit card required.
- Contact us by phone: Parents may enroll over the phone by contacting us at (888) 636-2439. Credit or debit card required.